When I first started this diet, one of the major things I found was a lack of snacking food. I like to snack. Here is a list of some of my go-to foods. Pair them up any way you like!
- apple or banana with nut butter (and honey if you want)
- Any kind of nuts/seeds. I like almonds, cashews, chickpeas, and pumpkin seeds.
- Berries or other fruits
- Half an avocado with salt
- Baked apple chips (Costco, or make your own).
- Gluten free taco chips and salsa (Check for sugar and soy oil. I like the Pace brand from Costco). Guacamole can be good, too, but you have to read the ingredients.
- Air popped popcorn or Boom Chicka Pop lightly salted popcorn
- Gluten free, processed sugar free granola bars (I make my own using the cloud 9 mix and honey, but there are certain brands in the health food aisles that are good, too.)
- For a treat: Veggie chips like Hardbite Parsnip Chips. These in moderation because they are still deep fried.
- Frozen fruit smoothies with almond milk and honey.
Hopefully this list is enough to get you started. Comment with any additional suggestions you have below!