A friend made these pancakes for me once on vacation, and gave me her “recipe” (she is one of those cooks that doesn’t really need recipes). I turned it into a recipe for the rest of us!! These are nice and fluffy! One rule: be SURE to add the oil. If you don’t, they stick like crazy.
Chocolate Pancakes (vegan, gluten free, soy free, processed sugar free)
2 cups GF oat flour (I often grind my own in the Magic Bullet because it’s easier to find GF oats than GF oat flour.)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp cocoa powder OR 1 tbsp vanilla depending on how you want to flavour your pancakes.
1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk (like almond or coconut, whatever you prefer)
1 tsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp oil (melted coconut oil or other) **Be sure to add this or they stick like crazy!
2 bananas, mashed.
OPTIONAL: For a sweeter pancake, add 1/4 cup maple syrup.
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, mash bananas and mix together wet ingredients.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
4. Heat up a pan on medium heat. Oil the pan (I like coconut oil for this, too). With a ladle or large spoon, put some batter on the pan (you can choose your desired size of pancake). Flip once the top of the pancake is full of large bubbles.
5. I often put the cooked pancakes in an oven-safe dish to keep them hot while the rest are cooking. I set the oven to 200˚F.
6. Top with whatever you want! I often use no sugar added jam and maple syrup.
Let me know how they turned out for you!